5 Tips to Keep Your Pet Cool During the Summer
To celebrate the "Dog Days of Summer" promotion going on at Zerorez Nashville, we would like to highlight some helpful tips, tricks & resources for you and your pooch during the month of August!
August can be one of the hottest months of the year. We humans are very capable of taking care of ourselves in extreme heat, but our dogs might not be able to. Below we have compiled 5 tips to keep your pet cool during the summer heat:
- Avoid the heat. Exercise your dog in the mornings or at night when the sun is at its low points. This will make things more comfortable for both you and your dog.
- Keep your dog hydrated throughout the day. Carry a bottle of water if you are out with your dog and make sure his water bowl at home is filled up throughout the day and night. If your dog starts to pant heavily then this is a clear sign of dehydration.
- Cool his belly. Dogs cool from the bottom up, so if you want to cool off your dog then spray him with water or rub his stomach and paws with a cool rag.
- Let him dig. Really! If your dog stays outside most of the day then let him dig. When your dog gets too hot he will try to find the coolest place outside, which is usually a few feet in the ground under some shade. If digging a couple holes means your dog is not overheating during these hot summer days, then let him dig…within reason.
- Never leave your dog in the car. You would hope that this would be obvious, but never leave your dog in a parked car especially in the summer.
August "Dog Days of Summer" Promotion
Zerorez Nashville would like to offer all you pet lovers a fabulous deal for the month of August: Book a carpet cleaning appointment with Zerorez and receive 15% off a pet treatment! Call 615-535-9376 or visit www.zeroreznashville.com to schedule a time for Zerorez Nashville to come to your home.
More Pet Friendly Tips, Tricks & Resources from the Blog