How Often Do You Need to Clean Your Air Ducts?
by Brad McKee
Homes are built to restrict air flow for the sake of energy efficiency, but this also makes air duct cleaning more important than ever. Thorough duct cleaning removes dirt, debris, and germs from your home so you can enjoy better air quality. Some homeowners don't think to clean their air ducts because the problem isn't always visible, but it's important to get it done regularly.
The question is, how often do you need to clean your air ducts? You should have your ducts cleanedevery five years at the very least. If anyone in the home has allergies or other respiratory issues, the schedule should be increased to every two years. Several different factors determine how often you should get your air ducts cleaned.
Air Duct Cleaning Regularity
Every home and office building needs duct cleaning, but some have more regular needs than others. Inhabitants with asthma, COPD, allergies, or any other respiratory problem will need cleaner air than the average person. Here are some other signs that your home may require more regular cleaning:
- If you have pets in your home, you may need to clean your ducts frequently. Pet hair can build up in your air ducts over time, which can affect your system and aggravate allergies.
- If you have high moisture in your home, you should get your air ducts cleaned regularly to help prevent buildups.
- If anyone smokes inside your home, you may need more cleanings.
- More duct cleanings are required for homes where a lot of people live.
- If you suspect a leak in your air ducts, get them cleaned. If air can leak out, debris can get in.
Other Air Duct Cleaning Needs
The factors above can influence how regularly you need to get your air ducts cleaned, and there are also some warning signs that you need immediate cleaning. If you suspect that your system has been compromised by leaks, rodents, or anything else, make sure to get your ducts cleaned before the problem becomes worse. This also applies if you start to notice unusual smells in your home.
Professional Air Duct Cleaning Austin
At Zerorez, we use truck-powered equipment to get dirt and grime out of your air ducts and suck it directly into our state-of-the-art debris removal trucks. Our proprietary method allows us to clean out your ducts without contaminating your home. You receive an immediate improvement in air quality, and our process helps protect your ducts from future problems as well. Contact us today to schedule an appointment, and you'll be breathing easier in no time.
Click here to learn more about Carpet Cleaning Austin Texas Style!