How To Clean and Disinfect Your Business
Many areas are starting to lift or become more lenient on COVID-19 closures and social distancing. What does this mean for you and your business? Some people may see it as a relief that they are able to open back up. Others may be worried that it is happening too soon, and we haven't seen the worst of the virus yet. However you feel about this, knowing how to clean and disinfect your place of business can help spread the slow of viruses, germs, and bacteria.
What Is a Virus?
Viruses are small. So small they can't even be seen with an ordinary microscope. Because they are not their own cellular structures, viruses can only influence something by invading the cell itself. They can infect every living thing from plants, animals, to humans. They don't become truly dangerous until they infect a cell in a human body. This infection can happen in several ways: by air (via coughing and sneezing), via carrier insects like mosquitoes, or by the transmission of body fluids such as saliva, or blood.
The human body does have some natural defenses against viruses, known as antibodies. The immune system also kicks into gear when it identifies a virus by producing antibodies that bind to the virus and stop it from being able to replicate. Unfortunately, some immune systems cannot keep up to fight off the virus. Viruses can evolve much more quickly than the immune system can. Viruses cause many diseases, including colds, measles, chicken pox, HPV, herpes, rabies, SARS and one of the most common: the flu.
The Difference Between Cleaning and Disinfecting
According to the CDC, the first step to stop the spread of a virus in your home is cleaning regularly. Starting with a deep cleaning before moving on to sanitizing is also a crucial step to ensure the removal of contaminants remaining on the surfaces. You don't want them to interfere with the effectiveness of correctly sanitizing. If you really want your home to be sanitary and disinfected, it needs to first be properly cleaned.
Zerorez® Fredericksburg deeply cleans and disinfects at the highest level. Removing more soil and filthy contaminants than anyone else. You're probably thinking, well I can clean and disinfect my home fine on my own. What you can't properly clean and sanitize yourself are most likely things you don't think about. Your carpets and upholstery can hold the most dirt, soil, and dust possible. You may think vacuuming regularly and dusting is enough to keep bacteria and contaminants away. Zerorez® Fredericksburg specializes in not only deep cleaning but also sanitizing those exact areas you can't quite perform well enough on your own.
How is Zerorez® Fredericksburg carpet cleaning different than regular? Most companies deeply saturate your carpet and it's backing with water, shampoos, and soap that may clean it for the time being. Leaving behind residue for soil to later stick to and cause it to become dirtier over time. Zerorez® Fredericksburg has a patented zr water® cleaning technology that sanitizes and cleans away dirt and impurities to protect you from bacteria and potential viruses entering your home. Leaving zero residues while doing so.
After the cleaning, comes disinfecting. Zerorez® Fredericksburg uses its zr water® design to disinfect your carpets and upholstery with electrolyzed and oxidized water. They deeply clean and disinfect one after the other, without the use of harsh chemicals.
Why Is It Important?
When you're cleaning and sanitizing your home, think of it as infection prevention. There are everyday cleaning tasks you most likely do around your home to protect you and your family from everyday germs you know accumulate from day to day life. Most may not think about the deep cleaning that would need to take place to protect against more advanced germs and even viruses.
It's important to deeply clean and sanitize your home, in all areas, correctly. Follow the proper steps to protect your household from these dangerous germs, it should become a priority. It's important because maybe you're not doing anymore than the vacuum here, sweep and mop there. Maybe you do wipe down and clean your kitchen counter and appliances daily. You're leaving out things that are touched by everyone in the household constantly. Such as the carpet and living upholstery.
Zerorez® Fredericksburg makes the deep cleaning and sanitizing of things such as carpet and upholstery their priority, so you don't have to. They protect you and your home from potential germs and viruses living in the deeply untouched areas of your home. They know how important taking the proper steps and executing them correctly is. Cleaning away impurities from your home and protecting you from unseen hazards brought on by germs is their first job.
How to Clean and Disinfect Correctly
Step 1: Clean
- Wear disposable gloves when cleaning and disinfecting
- Clean surfaces using soap and water, then use disinfectant.
- Cleaning with soap and water reduces the number of germs, dirt, and impurities on the surface. Disinfecting kills germs on surfaces.
- Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
- More frequent cleaning and disinfection may be required based on the level of use.
- Surfaces and objects in public places, such as shopping carts and point of sale keypads should be cleaned and disinfected before each use.
- High touch surfaces include:
- Tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
Step 2: Disinfect
- Recommend use of EPA-registered household disinfectant
- Follow the instructions on the label to ensure the safe and effective use of the product. Many products recommend:
- Keep the surface wet for a period of time (see product label).
- Precautions such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during the use of the product.
- Diluted household bleach solutions may also be used if appropriate for the surface.
- Check the label to see if your bleach is intended for disinfection, and ensure the product is not past its expiration date. Some bleaches, such as those designed for safe use on colored clothing or for whitening may not be suitable for disinfection.
- Unexpired household bleach will be effective against coronaviruses when properly diluted. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for application and proper ventilation. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser. Leave the solution on the surface for at least 1 minute.
What Zerorez® Fredericksburg Is Doing to Help
Zerorez® Fredericksburg is committed to protecting families across the Metro area during this pandemic. According to the CDC, the cleaning of dirty surfaces is the first step in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses in households. The Zerorez® Fredericksburg cleaning system is proven to be more effective in cleaning and disinfecting your home and workplace.
Our goal at Zerorez® Fredericksburg is to create a healthier working environment. To ensure the health and safety of your offices, we clean, sanitize, and disinfect our equipment every day.
Because of our patented technology, we can clean your offices better and more efficiently than other cleaning companies.
We leave no residue behind. Improving indoor air quality, even reducing the amount of PTO taken, and improving overall employee health.
It is our goal to provide you with affordable solutions to maintaining the carpets at your place of business. Whether it's a one-time cleaning or a maintenance package, we have to solution to your cleaning needs!
Together, we can stop the spread of germs, viruses, and bacteria by doing our part in disinfecting and taking necessary precautions. Zerorez® Fredericksburg offers cleaning at the following commercial locations: Granite, Upholstery, VCT, Concrete, Marble, Cubicles.
We are in this together, and we at Zerorez® Fredericksburg are here to help. Call to book now.