How to Prevent a Cold, the Flu, and Allergies
When the cold, flu, and allergy seasons come around you want to be ready to dodge becoming a victim of the germs. But how do you do it? Here is a list of 5 things that will prepare you and help you avoid getting sick while germs are going around here in the Bay Area.
- Clean Surfaces That Are Touched Often - Did you know that light switches, the tv remote, cleaning sponges, cutting boards, and the kitchen sink are actually some of the germiest places in the home? It is important that you carefully disinfect each of these surfaces and items with an effective and safe disinfectant frequently. Doing this is a great way to keep the germs away and keep your home healthy no matter the season.
- Keep Air Filters and Ducts Clean - Air cycles through our homes on average 70 times a day when we are using heating and cooling systems. This means that every time you cough, sneeze, talk, or blow your nose, those germs end up cycling through your air system several times a day. Keeping your air ducts clean helps prevent germ growth, and changing your air filters regularly will help keep unwanted bugs from spreading. Zerorez® offers a comprehensive approach to cleaning your entire air duct system using NADCA certified equipment. Our powerful truck-mounted cleaning system delivers the most effective air duct cleaning available by using an advanced rotary brush to scrub clean the interior walls of your ducts and vacuums the dust, debris, and contaminants out to our service truck.
- Boost Your Immune System - Our bodies are amazing and have the ability to fight off disease, but there are things we can do to help our bodies. Eating lots of fruits and vegetables will get you the vitamins and minerals your body needs. Foods with high anti-oxidants such as berries will also help your body fight back germs. Here is a great recipe for an immune-boosting detox smoothie:
- 1 cup of fresh organic carrot juice
- 2 peeled oranges
- 1 cup of mango (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup of ice
- Get Your Carpets, Rugs, and Furniture Cleaned - Carpets, rugs, and upholstery hold more dust and germs than you think. There is much more you can do in addition to frequently giving these surfaces a good vacuum to ensure that your home is as healthy and clean as possible. Your carpets, rugs, and upholstery do need proper professional cleanings occasionally. Our Green Technology and Zr Clean™️ clean better than soaps and other cleaning agents, yet don't leave a residue behind and is not harmful to you, your home, or the environment. Our Zr Clean™️ is applied to each surface at the appropriate pressure, both loosening embedded dirt and cleaning the fabric without over-wetting it. A wide range of germs and other harmful materials is removed with the emulsified dirt, leaving just a small amount of extraction water, which dries quickly and with No Residue®.
- Wash Your Hands - One of the very most important things you can do to avoid getting the flu or a cold is to wash your hands. You should wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water for 20 seconds minimum. If you wash your hands many times a day during the cold and flu seasons, you are much more likely to dodge the bug!