Tackling Allergies in Indianapolis
It's allergy season in Indianapolis, which means it's time to take some simple steps to help relive your allergy symptoms. The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of American has published an Allergy Action Plan that lists five simple steps you can take to reduce allergies in your home.
1. Dust to Control Mites - By dusting surfaces and washing bedding often, you can control the amount of dust mites in your home.
2. Vacuum Often - Although cleaning can sometimes trigger allergic reactions, with dust in the air, vacuuming once or twice a week will reduce the surface dust mites. Wear a mask when doing housework and consider leaving for a few hours after you clean to avoid allergens in the air. You can also make sure your vacuum has an air filter to capture dust.
3. Reduce Pet Dander - If you have allergies, you should avoid pets with feathers or fur like birds, dogs and cats. Animal saliva and dead skin, or pet dander, can cause allergic reactions. If you can't bear to part with your pet, you should at least keep it out of the bedroom.
4. Shut Out Pollen - When you clean your windows, do you see a film of pollen on the frame or sill? One easy way to prevent pollen from entering your home is to keep windows and doors closed. Use an air filter and clean it regularly or run the air conditioner and change the filter often.
5. Avoid Mold Spores - Mold spores grow in moist areas. If you reduce the moisture in the bathroom and kitchen, you will reduce the mold. Fix any leaks inside and outside of your home and clean moldy surfaces. Plants can carry pollen and mold too, so limit the number of houseplants. Dehumidifiers will also help reduce mold. -(www.allergyactionplan.com)
Getting your carpets cleaned can also reduce the severity and duration of your allergies. During the winter, allergens such as pet dander, dust mites and molds can build up in your carpet, even with regular vacuuming. Then, with the arrival of warm spring air, many of us open our windows, therefore adding pollen to the mix. Many people think carpets should only be cleaned when they appear dirty, but allergens are next to impossible to see when they are embedded in your carpet. Professionally cleaning your carpet can help to remove harmful substances without releasing them back into the air, where they can settle once again into your surfaces. Regular professional cleanings help prolong the life of your carpet. The Zerorez Indianapolis system utilizes a proprietary cleaning solution called Zr Clean™, which has the ability to provide a superior clean without the use of soaps or detergents. It contains ZERO additives leaving behind no residue on your surfaces. No residue means no toxins in your home or environment Our system will leave you assured that your children and pets will be safe Certified Platinum by the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) - removing 90% of available soil from carpets. You can schedule an appointment here or give us a call to schedule an appointment today. We can help to keep more substances out of your home so you can enjoy living in it!