The Dreaded Tick
The Outbreak In Michigan Continues
Tick illnesses and sightings are on the rise!
Did you catch the latest from WZZM Channel 13 News? Well if you missed it Ticks, tick-borne illnesses and those pesky critters are on the rise!. WZZM 13 News Story.
What you need to know
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services says ticks and tick-borne illnesses are on the rise. The department has seen double the amount of people, from 2020 to 2021, contracting Lyme disease. In 2022 the sightings and infestation continues! Zerorez Grand Rapids deep cleaning and patent system can help keep your homes and family safe should your family or pets carry in ticks or fleas.
What about prevention? "Preventing tick bites is the best way to prevent tick-borne diseases, including Lyme disease and anaplasmosis," said Dr. Natasha Bagdasarian, MDHHS chief medical executive. "If you find a tick attached to your body, promptly remove it. Monitor your health and if you experience fever, rash, muscle or joint aches or other symptoms, consult with your medical provider." Source, Michigan.gov.
How to prevent ticks?
Avoid tick-infested areas:
- As ticks live in grassy, brushy and wooded areas, walk in the center of trails to avoid contact with overgrown grass, brush and leaf litter at trail edges.
- Protect your pets - dogs and cats can come into contact with ticks outdoors and bring them into the home. Talk with your veterinarian about the best tick prevention products for your pet.
Use insect repellent:
- Apply repellent containing DEET or Picaridin on exposed skin.
- Treat clothes (especially pants, socks and shoes) with permethrin, which kills ticks on contact or buy clothes that are pre-treated. Do not use permethrin directly on skin.
- Always follow the manufacturer's instructions when applying repellents.
Perform daily tick checks:
- Always check for ticks on yourself and your animals after being outdoors, even in your own yard.
- Inspect all body surfaces carefully and remove attached ticks with tweezers.
- To remove a tick, grasp the tick firmly and as closely to the skin as possible. With a steady motion, pull the tick's body away from the skin. Cleanse the area with an antiseptic.
- Bathe or shower: Bathe or shower as soon as possible after coming indoors (within two hours) to wash off and more easily find ticks that are crawling on you.
- Wash clothing in hot water and dry on high heat to help kill ticks in clothing.
Book Your Appointment With Zerorez Grand Rapids!
- Professional carpet cleaning can help eliminate flea and ticks from your carpet.
- At Zerorez, we use a 3-step cleaning process that includes the Z-Lifter, Zr CleanTM, and our patented Cleaning Wand. The Z-Lifter is a counter-rotating brush that lifts the carpet fibers and extracts dry particulate from the carpet (aka, those itty bitties that the vacuum cleaner leaves behind)/
- Are you worried about ticks and fleas your four legged friend left behind? Call Zerorez Grand Rapids today!
Never Fear, Zerorez Is Here!
Not only is ZeroRez platinum-certified to remove the toughest stains and nasty critters! But they're also environmentally conscious for you and your family! ZeroRez also uses harsh free chemicals and 200x LESS water than the other guys. ZeroRez removes everything the $25 machine didn't get, along with the sticky chemicals and residue left behind. Call ZeroRez today at 616-288-4644 for a free quote and consultation!