What Carpet Cleaners Want You To Know About Wool
At Zerorez, we are carpet cleaners who clean and beautify more than just standard, wall-to-wall carpeting; we also clean carpets and rugs that you may think can't be cleaned by an in-home carpet cleaning company. Wool carpets and rugs can be difficult to clean, at least difficult to clean well, which is why they're often neglected when it's time to call professional carpet cleaners. Here's what you need to know about wool carpeting:
The ABCs Of Cleaning Wool Carpets
The main reason people who have either wall-to-wall wool carpeting or wool area rugs don't get them professionally-cleaned is because they fear that professional cleaners will do more harm than good. This is a legitimate concern, especially if the carpeting is expensive, which many high-quality wool carpets are. The reality is that wool carpeting responds well to most cleaning techniques; but the biggest problem with it is that it is thicker than most carpeting, which means not only that it locks in more dirt and debris, but also that it remains wet longer than most rugs that are steam-cleaned.
The Pros And Cons Of Wool Carpets
- Wool carpets respond well to steam-cleaning because the moisture from the steam makes the fibers swell, releasing dirt.
- Wool is highly-absorbent and reacts well to most dyes, which means wool carpets can be dyed in vivid colors that will last the lifetime of the carpet.
- Wool is naturally stain-resistant and will protect itself from many kinds of spills and accidents.
- Wool is naturally flame-retardant and has a higher ignition temperature than other, mostly synthetic, carpeting materials.
- Wool is extremely sensitive to chemicals, which is why some cleaning solutions can discolor the fibers and make them brittle. Only water-based cleaning techniques, like those used by Zerorez, are recommended for wool carpets and rugs.
How To Care For Wool Carpets
To take care of your wool carpets and rugs, you should vacuum regularly, but make sure your vacuum brush height is set to "high" to ensure that you don't agitate the fibers. For spills, blot them up immediately using cold water and a white towel. If the spot is large enough, aim a fan at it to dry it out faster. Make sure you get your carpet or rug professionally cleaned at least once a year.
Call us at Zerorez for all of your carpet cleaning needs. We are the best carpet cleaners in Las Vegas, NV and we have the experience and the training needed to keep your wool carpeting and rugs looking like new. Visit us online at www.zerorezlasvegas.com to find out more about our patented Zr Water™ cleaning technology.
Click here for Best Carpet Steam Cleaner Las Vegas NV: Refresh Your Floors!